CHIANTI CLASSICO 2015 Organic
This, climatically, was an extraordinary year. Springtime and early summer temperatures and rainfall were within the standard value; as from the first days of
of August, when a heavy thunderstorm caused a sharp temperature drop. It then rained twice again during the same month, the total amount of rain received summing up to 100 mm. During September and throughout harvest time the weather was fine; air and soil moisture were available in quantities sufficient to prevent the fruit from
suffering any dehydration problem.
The outcome was a Chianti classic of excellent quality, intense but at the same time less initially raw than usually.
- Chianti Classico red wine D.O.C.G.
- Grapes: Sangiovese 95% - Canaiolo 5%
July temperature rose sharply and the weather remained warm and sunny up the 9
- Bottled: from 3 to (supposedly) 11 of April 2017
- Alcohol: 14%
- Sugar: 0,5 g/Lt
- Acidity: 5,91 g/Lt
- Harvest: from 21
- Yeld for vine: 1 – 1,4 kg
- Length of fermentation and maceration on the skins: 13 days
- Wood-ageing: 11 months in oak barrels and casks of 100- 30; 5; 2,25 hl
- Expected production: n. 45.300 bottles of 750 ml
of September to 6
of October 2015
- Volatile Acidity: 0,40 g/Lt - Net extracts: 30,7 g/Lt
- pH: 3,41
- sulphites level: less than 100 mg per liter as required by organic laws.
First vintage of Chianti Classico in bottle: 1981 Suitable for drinking: 2017/2022
Theme by InStijl Media